Housing IT Services


ResNet (Housing IT Services) provides technology support to residents living in University Housing at the University of Oregon. This includes all residence halls, Graduate Village, Agate Apartments, and Spencer View Apartments. Residential students at OIMB (Oregon Institute of Marine Biology) should contact the Technology Service Desk.

Housing IT Services also supports University Housing and its employees’ information technology needs, which includes Dining Services, Conference & Catering, Facilities, Residence Life, and Business Affairs.

Our office is located in Justice Bean Hall, Suite 1029.  We are open to the public Monday and Tuesday from 9:00 AM to 12 Noon and Wednesday thru Friday from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM, excluding UO holidays.



How to Request Help

Quick Links:  -Go to these pages and click the GREEN REQUEST HELP button on the right of each page!

Service Examples
Wi-Fi Networking Support Setting up a device, login, poor coverage, others
Wired Networking Support Activate a jack, Move a network jack, others

Computer, laptop, tablet, monitors or other device issues 

Computer beeping, cracked laptop screen
Printing issues Problems with printers
Email & Calendaring help Calendar sharing help, assistance with outlook issues
Software issue or update request I need to update my Java, please install Visio, Firefox is crashing
O and P Drive questions New folders, Change access, accidentally moved folder
New employee setup We have hired a new staff person, we need them setup with acess to the P drive and email
Employee access termination and archiving Staff member is leaving and we need to take a backup of their home drive
Computer moves, reassignment, reimaging requests Office moves, computer shuffles
Department / Role account request / issue Password reset for my department or group account, new accounts for programs or roles
Equipment purchasing I want to purchase a new computer, I need toner for a non-xerox printer
Eatec Help with Eatec
Micros Point of Sale Assistance with Micros issues
mPulse Help with mPulse
Caterease Help with Caterease
Compass Help with Compass
Housing AV Support Assistance with Audio Visual systems in the residence halls
Housing Cellular Phone support Departmental cell phones
WEPA Help with WEPA Printers
Keywatcher Assistance with Keywatcher
IT Consulting We need help with our new building, project or RFP, we need a technology solution for a business process in our department
need help with something else! don't see your issue listed above?  


Can't find what you are looking for?  Search the Service Catalog for the topic you need help on and use the Request button on that page.  

Other Contact Information

Phone: 541-346-4223

In Person: Bean Hall, room 1029

Emergency after-hours contact information: Call 541-346-4236 to leave a message for a Housing IT employee in the event of a business emergency.  Please leave your name, callback phone number, and a description of the problem.



Housing IT Staff Members

  • Douglas Hethmon – Assistant Director for Information Technology
  • Norm Myers – Housing IT Manager
  • Nathan Wallace – Systems Administrator
  • Matt Cook – ResNet Service Desk Coordinator



Article ID: 74990
Wed 4/3/19 2:30 PM
Thu 10/22/20 5:41 PM