Quick Guide to Telecom Services


Frequently asked questions about getting started with telecom services including forwarding your desk phone, accessing voicemail, and conference calls.


How do I forward my phone?

The functionality used to forward your desk phone to an alternate device (e.g. your cell phone) is called bridging-to-cellular (aka EC500). This allows calls to your UO telephone to simultaneously ring your cellular phone.

If your UO desk telephone has bridged lines (e.g. a departmental main line), you can choose to have bridged lines ring your mobile or not.  

Contact your telephone coordinator to request access on your behalf. They will need your cell number and your UO telephone number.*

*If your telephone coordinator is unavailable, you may submit a request directly to the Telephone & Voicemail service. Please include your cell number and UO telephone number in your request.

Can I get my UO voicemail via email?

For information and how to request this feature, visit the Voicemail Exchange Integration article.

How do I check my UO voicemail from off campus?

For information about how to check your voicemail off campus, visit the Campus Voicemail article.

Can I make phone calls from my PC? 

No, not regular telephone calls. However, users have access to Microsoft Teams which can be used to make audio or video calls to other Microsoft Teams users. We recommend using a USB headset.

How do I make a conference call?

If everyone has/can use Microsoft Teams, conference calls can be made through that application. Optionally, a phone line can be included in your Teams account at some annual expense. This can be a useful feature if you expect guests to be able to dial into a Teams call. For more information see Phone Bridging with Microsoft Teams.

For larger groups or when a true conference call is needed, Telecom can reserve an ATT conference bridge for your use. Visit our Conference Calls article.

Where do I get directory assistance for campus departments or faculty/staff?

Dial 541-346-1000. The automated system asks you to speak the name of the person or department you are trying to reach. During the workday, we also have human operators available. For more information, visit out Phone Operator FAQ.


Article ID: 101082
Thu 3/12/20 4:44 PM
Mon 3/23/20 1:18 PM

Related Articles (1)